without signs of intraocular inflammation."
Understandable right? My doctor said don't know what causes it. Usually happens in young, nearsighted women. So, the two scars I had were flat. Now, one is bulging with blood vessels. In Macular Degeneration (This is my own paraphrase so I may be wrong) the blood vessels that bulge leak blood and fluid because elderly tend to have unhealthy retinas. In someone my age who has healthy retinas, the vessels don't always leak. Therefore, my doctor wants to try to inject a steroid outside of my eye to strengthen the retina and perhaps avoid giving me another eye injection. So I'll have the steroid thing on Friday. the tech took pictures of the side of my eye and there were dozens of little spots but I can't see them because they're not in my center of vision. I remember telling an eye doctor who was testing my vision for contact lenses that one eye was darker than the other at night. He didn't think anything of it. that was three or four years ago. This also explains why I hate driving at night. Anyway, there's a doctor at John Hopkins who is studying it. I took a survey online to help him out. There's a small group online that I joined.
Ummm, Chase was sick over the weekend. High fever and such. His nose has been running like crazy. Cady's ok.
It looks like Josh won't be able to come home for Christmas after all. The contract changed and he'll have to stay until the end of January. But then he'll be home for good.
I'll include some pix of the kids. We';ve been to the zoo and Inflatable Funland and Bangs to hang out with Stephanie and Cady's birthday is sneaking up on me. I've got to figure out what to do for a party. It's unlike me to take the easy option but I need to. I've opted for easy a lot more since Josh is gone. Speaking of easy, the lady who cleans my house is coming tomorrow. I called her right after Chase dumped my new, just opened box of Gevalia French Roast on the floor and sat and played in it like it was a sand box. Then he tracked it on the carpet. I don't have any fight left in me. I took pictures and laughed when he hit me when I cleaned it up with the Dustbuster. Yay, I've lost my mind.
This is Chase and Cady at the Mayborn Children's Museum in Waco. We went with some friends a couple of weeks ago. Chase doesn't stay in one place for too long. They had a blast. There was a fun video of Chase running around the Museum but Blogger processed it for two days and then said it couldn't be uploaded.
Here's a picture of Chase after I let him feed himself applesauce. Yeah, super idea mom. I like it better in my hair than my mouth. Crazy noodlehead.
Here's Cady with a Galapagos turtle at Cameron Park Zoo last Friday. She's smiling like, "okay mom, I'm posing in front of a giant turtle. Can you take the picture already?" That zoo is awesome. It was $8 for all of us. There was hardly another person there. There is a really fun playscape with little water fountains that Chase loved and they have really great exhibits. Lots of reptiles and fish and stuff too.
No comments:
Post a Comment