
I've been working like crazy to get Christmas cards ready, mail packages and sew Chase and Cady's Christmas outfits. I've never gotten a Christmas dress done for Cady although every year I've wanted to. Well, it's finally done. I decided to buy Chase's suit but I made a neck tie out of the same fabric as Cady's dress. It turned out really , really well. I'm so glad it's done. So, my Christmas cards are finished but I want to send out a picture of the kids with them. I haven't even made an appointment yet. I thought about trying to take them myself but given the fact that Chase doesn't hold still, I don't have a nice place to take them and the kids can't be in the same room with each other without fighting, I think I'll have a professional do their job. Can I just drop them off? I won't even stay. Good luck! Let me know how they turn out! So, as soon as those are done, I'll send off the cards.
I guess I'm done fairly early considering my track record in previous years. I guess not having anything to do in the evenings helps! No hubby to cook and clean for or talk to for that matter. Leaves me with some time after the kids go to bed. Lately Cadence is making up all kinds of excuses for not sleeping. I know, I know it's a rite of passage but once I close that door on her room I am finished. They make me feel like that scene the Incredibles where Mr. Incredible gets caught in the secret computer lair and they start shooting sticky balls at him. Cady is constantly asking questions and Chase is always sticking to me! So by bedtime I am ready for some peace and quiet. Anyway, got lost on a tangent there!
Josh is coming home on the 18th!!! We are so excited! He'll be home for about 10 days and we'll get to have Christmas together and catch an office party and a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert followed by a romantic night over in Austin. Of course the majority of his time will be spent vegging with the kids. He will be amazed at how much they've grown. Chase is 20 months instead of 11 months. Huge difference.
He'll be home for good in March. Well, the kids are fighting again. I have to intervene.
2 comments:
Hey glad to hear Josh is coming home for the holidays! How fun. Hope you have a great holiday season!
Kristina and David
Oh my goodness, Anna! I bet you can hardly wait! Hey...don't feel bad about the kids fighting. Sam and Avery STILL fight! I always quote that scripture..."how good it is for the brethren to dwell together in unity". Yeah. Right.
Post a Comment