Things have been crazy busy here. we bought a new house and are redoing EVERYTHING! Paint, doors, floors, doorknobs, electrical, trim... It's been alot of work and we have a lot more to do. After much thought and vexation, we finally made the decision to move into town to a house with less acreage. Josh's back has deteriorated even more and MRI's show bulging discs now on both sides of his spine. an acre of land is too much and the kids are not safe playing here. not to mention we have long outgrown our 1500 sq foot, paid off home. The timing of everything was just God because we weren't actively looking for a place. Josh's friend mentioned they'd be putting their house on the market soon and we had looked at houses in the same neighborhood. One thing led to another and we toured the house and told them we were interested. Now we're near closing and everything has worked out between us, the sellers and a lawyer. We will be moving to the exact neighborhood we want. Josh's commute will be much easier, Cady's school is 1/2 mile away, we know about 6 families in the neighborhood (one very good friend will be one street over!) and the yard is enclosed and finished without any thorns or snakes or pits of death. We love it! I am of course in hog heaven with picking paint colors, flooring and accessorizing! It's mostly unfun hard work right now but the results will be worth it! It's time to wake cady but I just found the perfect comforter set and if you knew how many I've looked at, that's saying a lot. I wanted something classic, versatile but not too matchy. Here's the winner:
3 comments:
Love, love, love the comforter! The blues and browns are some of my favorite combinations!
Your blog is ALIVE....glad to see you posting again. I can't wait to see you guys over in this neigborhood! I hope you put some before and after pics of the new home on your blog...you are doing an amazing job!
good to hear you guys got the house. the comforter is very cute by the way. You will have to post some pics of the new house too!
Post a Comment