It's 7:30 am and the house is still quiet. It's amazing! Several months ago I began a new schedule that I hoped would stick. It stuck but not the way I had hoped. As soon as I decided to get up at 6 am, Chase did as well. The treadmill has been glaring at me morning, noon and night since then. We may be moving into a new schedule. Chase is fighting his naps. He spends hours in his room peeling layers off of his board books, picking up the air grate in the floor, pulling clothes out of his dresser and stuffing them down the air duct, taking off his diaper and peeing on the floor, kicking the wall, pushing his dresser around the room and any other activity he can find with the limited furnishings left in his room. Yesterday was Cadence's birthday and so we went to Chuck E Cheese for lunch. We stayed out until 4 in the afternoon but still no nap. We came home and put him in his room and he didn't sleep. We went to the park for a picnic for Cady's birthday and he ran around and finally crashed on the way home. He is still sleeping. The question is, can I handle him all afternoon? I already know the answer to that. Oops, I hear him coughing. He's probably waking up.
Since Josh doesn't read my blog:) my friend told me I should definetely share this story. Yesterday Chase was watching his all time favorite show, Mickey Mouse clubhouse. He wasn't ready for it to be over but they had launched into the hot dog hot dog hot diggety dog song which means it's over. Chase went into the kitchen, grabbed a wooden spoon and went back to the tv and started beating the tv screen while yelling, "No Tootie (that's what he call's Mickey), no! Spankins! Bad Tootie, naughty! No hot dog!" He was not happy that it was over and thought that he would spank....the tv. One of those 'we'll laugh when he's older' moments:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment