Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Yeah, it's been forever...

Hey everyone- I know it's been a long time since our last post. Let's see... what's new...
Well, first and most obviously, my mom has really, truly moved to Texas! I didn't want to "jinx" it, so I haven't said anything on the blog but it's really happened. It still hasn't sunk in. She applied for a job in Waco a few months back and was interviewed by telephone three times. We waited for a long time to hear and even when they told her she had gotten the job, we were holding our breath almost sure that something would go wrong. The Lord worked it all out perfectly. She gave three weeks notice at Cornerstone, packed over a weekend and drove down! She got here a week ago yesterday. So we've been busy shopping, cleaning, organizing, juicing and spoiling. Oh, and cleaning up tons of puke. That boy is a puker! He is a puke machine! It's amazing he is as big as he is because he seems to spit up everything he ate. It doesn't seem to bother him. He burps, pukes and laughs! He's so sweet. He still has one dimple in his right cheek and he coos and laughs. He loves to talk and kick his legs and now he catches one hand with the other and pulls both fists into his mouth so that he can suck on his knuckles. He is really a sweet baby.
Anyway, mom's really here. I didn't think it would ever happen although my parents have been talking about it for years. Dad is in MI fixing up the condo to sell. Mom will stay with us for awhile and make the hour and a half commute to Waco every day. She's figured she'll have to leave at 6:15 am and should be back home at about 6:30pm. She went today and met the people she'll be working with and toured Baylor. It's very nice. Oh by the way, she's working in Baylor University's School of Social Work Gerentology department. So, she starts next Monday. Cadence isn't sleeping very much. I think she thinks that Grambee will have to leave and go back to Michigan just like she did three months ago. She fights going to bed and gets up and goes into Grambee's bedroom to try to sleep with her. This morning she was up at 3 am and after Grambee put her back to bed, she snuck out and slept on the couch. She was not very happy this morning when Grambee had to leave for Waco. She barely even lets her go to the bathroom by herself let alone leave the house. She cried for a little bit and then we convinced her that Grambee was coming back later and she was going to have fun at Mrs. Green's.
Her new phrases include, "You're the best in my world.", "You're not my friend any more.", "You make my feelings sad." and "I'm telling on you." all of which she says to me at least once a day. I guess some of these phrases are a right of passage for little girls but...grrr. She sure knows how to lay it on. She's so funny.
So, Josh had reformatted our hard drives or something and so I couldn't get pictures downloaded so I'll have some catching up to do. I got a great picture of my little ham "performing" at a Fourth of July picnic yesterday. It's great. I'll get some of those up when I can. I'm also working on figuring out how to get videos on too.
Love to all... Anna

1 comment:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

SO glad all is working out with your mom!