
I went to bed at 8pm and Cadence woke up at 10 and then at 12:30. At 12:30 she was screaming for me and I went in and she was on the end of her bed terrified. She had a bad dream about the creepiest-crawliest nastiest bug-the ladybug... She was convinced the lady bugs were going to get her and nothing I could say would convince her. I pulled her sheets back to show her that there was nothing in her bed and of course she had taken her lizard to bed with her. This is a red jelly lizard that feels and looks real (besides being red). She got it when she went to the doctor. It's so "real" that the cats have chewed it's tail off. Unfortunately, being plastic, it has not grown a new one. Anyway, she saw the lizard in the dark and FREAKED out screaming. She almost bowled me down the ladder trying to get away from it. Then, she said her tummy hurt so I put her on the potty and made us some hot raspberry tea with honey. That calmed her down and we went back to bed, my bed of course. The problem was her dream was so vivid she thought there were bugs in my bed too and would be calm for a few minutes and then her imagination or flashbacks would kick in and she' d start screaming and trying to get out of the covers. I turned on all the lights to show her that nothing was there and then she thought it was morning and that we should make my bed and get up. I finally convinced her to lay back down about 1:30 and we fell asleep and I woke up and took her back to bed at 3:30 with a crick in my neck and my back in knots. She slept peacefully until morning. Good thing I went to bed early. Anyway, she has fully recovered from her harrowing night and is ok with lady bugs.
3 comments:
LOL....oh those ladybugs, they're a real pain the tuckus. Here's to better nights sleep for both of you.
Hey, ladybugs are scary. Have you ever seen a million ladybugs outside your house and then they are all trying to get in you then you try to kill them and they smell really bad? Those little things are not cool. I don't blame Caddy with being afraid.
My daughter used to eat them.(when she was little.)
Post a Comment